Our warranty is valid without a mechanic sign-off or inspection.
It is important to understand that damages resulting from improper assembly are not covered by the warranty.
Please watch our assembly video and read about common mistakes on our support page before attempting assembly. These links will always have the most up to date tips:
Core-5 Assembly - 500 Series Assembly - 700 Series Assembly - LMT'D Assembly - Roadster V2 Assembly
Commonly occurring mechanical issues due to improper assembly:
- failure to index your derailleur properly
- results in " derailleur failure, hanger failure, chain failure and/or damaged rear wheel"
- failure to adjust brake/rotor/calipers correctly
- results in "reduced stopping power, unseemly noise or grinding"
- failure to install crank arm or chainring properly
- results in unseemly noise, increased wear on bottom bracket and potential damage to spindle or crank
- failure to install headset and steerer correctly
- results in wobbling or creaking and undue stress/increased wear on the headset construction
- Failure to install front wheel correctly
& nbsp; - results in wobbly or loose sensation while riding or braking;
- Failure to reinstall rear wheel correctly (rear wheel comes installed - applicable only in cases of rear wheel removal)
- results in "rear wheel falling off or undue stress and damage to rear dropouts"
If you self-assemble, you are operating your eBike under the pretense that the mechanical connections were installed/assembled safely and securely. Ride safely under the assumption of risk that all mechanical components have been checked thoroughly.
Take a look at our supplementary article here: Electric Bike Safety - Check Before Every Ride