Battery lifespan depends significantly on how the battery is maintained. Lifespan can be reduced depending on use and storage/care of your battery.
Keep your battery charge level between 30-80% as much as possible. This will significantly increase the lifetime use of your battery cells. Don't store your battery plugged into the charger. Regarding charging batteries, they can be charged on or off the bike and has its own LCD gauge for charge levels. Charging should be monitored, and batteries should not be left plugged into a charger for extended periods.
- The red LED lights on: The battery is being charge (Figure A)
- The red LED light becomes green: The battery is fully charged and you can unplug the charger. (Figure B)
- Charging: Charging Lithium-Ion
- Lifespan: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries
- Never dispose of L-ion batteries in household garbage or recycling.
- Learn more here: Used Lithium-Ion Batteries | US EPA