Record your serial number
- Learn more here: Where is my serial number on my bike?
- Whether you have a new or used bike, document this when you receive the bike.
- You can also register it online using the serial number: https://bikeindex.org/
- Recording the serial number is one of the number one ways you can protect your ebike.
Other tips to keep your bike safe
- Some owners get insurance and/or alarms for their ebike.
- Check here for recommendations or tips from other owners: Facebook owners page
Best practices for storing your bike in public
- Avoid leaving your bike out of sight when possible.
- If running errands for extended periods, the best practice would be to remove the battery and take it with you.
- Storing your bike outside overnight or l forong periods of time is not recommended. This gives them time to plan ahead and hours to get the bike.
Use a good quality lock
While important, this is only a deterrent. With enough time and the right tools, any lock can be beaten. t is important you do not leave your bike unattended for too long. The Ride1Up team uses the following locks to secure their ebikes when they are out and about.
- Kevin uses a small U-lock that can be looped around the top tube.
- Alex S. uses a Kryptonite U-lock Evolution Series 4: https://www.kryptonitelock.com/en/products/product-information/current-key/001010.html.
Kryptonite rates it an 8/10 Security Rating
- Alex P. uses an ABUS Bordo Lite 6055 Folding Lock
- Ryan J. uses a Kryptonite Keeper 785 Integrated Bicycle Lock Chain Bike Lock, 33.5-Inch: https://www.kryptonitelock.com/en/products/product-information/current-key/000853.html
Kryptonite rates this lock a 5/10 Security Rating