If your battery is not charging after you plug it in please review the following information:
We want to double check a few things.
- Make sure the plug at the black box of the charger is fully seated.
- Try another grounded outlet, occasionally this resolves the issue.
If the issue persists, it could be:
- The charger has failed (sometimes due to damage or misuse, in rare instances something internal can fail). It is best to keep them in a cool safe place.
- It could also be an issue with the battery in some instances a fuse may need replaced.
To determine which, please contact support here: https://ride1up.com/contact/
Please include a short video or a link to a video of charging the battery as noted below. If your battery is easily removed using the key, please remove the battery from the bike for this process:
- Pressing the status button on the battery while unplugged to demonstrate what lights (if any) turn on.
- Carefully plugging the battery into charge
- showing the wall outlet
- the LED on the charger (This should turn from green to red once the battery is plugged in if the battery is not already fully charged)
- Once again pressing the status button on the battery to demonstrate what lights turn on.