No power to the motor? Intermittent power? Motor non-responsive?
This is no doubt the most frustrating problem to have, oftentimes on arrival after wires/connections shake loose in transit. Regardless of the cause, we will resolve this together with some troubleshooting.
Please remember clear inspection pictures always expedites the resolution.
Quick check - Intermittent Power:
- This might be caused by Battery Voltage Sag if you often experience this in BOOST.
- You can test by charging until the charger led turns green then testing the bike in TOUR mode and see if the issue persists. You should get much more range and the bike should not shut down until the battery is much lower.
Section 1: Advanced Troubleshooting (If possible)
- If you can access a 2nd Prodigy or possibly a Brose ebike you can sometimes expedite the resolution with advanced troubleshooting (in complex cases, it can be worth asking friends or checking with local shops)
- Only attempt this if connections and voltage match, if you think this is an option, contact our support team for guidance www.Ride1UP.com/contact.
- Examples would include testing the battery from "bike A" on "bike B" to determine if the issue is the battery or another part of the electrical system. This could also be done to test.
Section 2: Reset Display
- Often the 1st step is resetting your display to defaults as outlined here: Prodigy Brose Allround Display. This will resolve certain issues.
Section 3: Troubleshooting Symptoms
- In some cases your Brose Allround display may show a fault in yellow or red as shown
- The information below is also in the display manual linked here.
The Allround display/control unit displays error messages from the entire pedelec system. The fault display indicates fault that the system can detect independently. Depending on the type of fault, the drive may be automatically switched off. Check the e-bike before making any further trips. Driving on without the assistance of the drive is possible at any time (provided there is no issue with mechanical bike components such as the derailleur). Check the e-bike before making any further trips. Similar to normal bike issues, it is better to determine the cause and address it to avoid damage or injury.
- The fault display may indicate serious errors in your Brose Drive system. There is a risk of accidents involving personal injury and damage to the ebike.
- Stop riding the ebike. Refer to the tables below.
- If the meaning of the information is unclear, turn the bike off and contact support www.Ride1UP.com/contact
Section 4: External Inspection
- If the steps above do not resolve the issue conduct a thorough visual inspection of all external wires, components, and connections. Please share pictures of each:
- Individual pictures of the display connection so the camera can focus on the small pins and holes:
- The diplay wire as it leaves the display and goes into the frame.
- Verify your battery is fully seated. You can use the key to check once installed properly. The key when inserted should only rotate a small amount. If you are able to rotate it more than 10° the battery may not be fully seated.
Section 5: Internal Inspection
- If issues persist, please share pictures of the following:
- Remove the battery, take pictures and visually inspect the top and bottom of the battery.
- Press the status indicator and take a picture of the lights or create and share a short video
- With battery removed, take pictures of the:
- battery compartment upper panel and inspect for any signs of damage.
- battery compartment lower panel and latch mechanism and inspect for any signs of damage.
- At this point if the issue is not resolved and there are no signs of damage please allow us to review the pictures you have submitted.
- Please only complete these next steps if you have been instructed to by Ride1UP Support Team.
- Next steps would involve using an isis crank puller to remove the left crank arm.
- Then we can remove the plastic motor cover from the non-drive side to inspect the internal connections as shown below. If 1 is loose it may be causing this issue:
Symptoms: If you experience any problems using your Brose Drive System, first check the items listed in the following table. In many cases, you can already remedy this yourself.