There is a 30-day return policy on our electric bikes. Within 30 days, if you are not satisfied with the bike, please contact our support team and keep your bike assembled. If the return conditions below are met, we will provide you the correct address for return.
As long as the bike arrives back to us in the condition it was delivered to you in, you will receive 100% refund. We only charge a restocking fee ($250 per bike) for orders that are cancelled or shipments returned that were never opened, assembled, and tested. From your refund we will deduct the cost of cleaning and repairing any aspects of the bike that were damaged of left dirty by the buyer returning the bike. Buyer is responsible for the cost of return shipping. Buyer is also responsible for safely packaging and returning the bike to us. If you have damaged or failed to safely package the bike, we will deduct the damages from the refund. We suggest keeping the original packing material and box until you are sure the bike is the right fit for you. This way you will be able to safely repackage and re-secure the bike for return shipping.
To qualify for a full refund the bike must meet the following conditions:
- Odometer must read less than twenty (20) miles.
- Be free of any dirt, wear and tear, fragrances, or any other signs of use.
- Be free of any defectives from improper assembly such as stripped bolts, scratched frames, etc.
- Must include all contents of the original package which include but are not limited to the charger, keys, tools, hardware, and any free gifts.
- Provide photos of the odometer, bike before disassembly, and the packaged bike to our Support Team. Full instructions will be provided by our Support Team when requested conditions are met and approved.
If the return conditions above are met, Ride1Up reserves the right to provide a prepaid shipping label to the customer. If this option is selected by the customer, $150-$250 (varies by model and shipping cost) will be deducted from the final refund amount plus any potential deductions from damage or other excluded usage.
Returns are only available for customers ordering in the United States within the contiguous 48 states.
Returns are not available on batteries or opened/used accessories.
Do not return any bikes to our warehouse without approval by contacting us. Ride1Up reserves the right to deduct restocking fees for any return bikes that were not approved by our Support Team.
Shipping eBikes is expensive! We know better than anyone else. We have alternative options instead of paying for costly return shipping to send the bike back. Please keep your bike assembled and continue reading below:
We will work with you to sell the bike locally. This is easier for you in many ways:
- You do not have to disassemble the bike or risk damage incurred in transit.
- You do not have to pack the bike; this can be time consuming to do properly and require extra packing materials (zip ties, tape, etc.)
- You do not have to pay for return shipping. Shipping electric bikes is expensive, we know better than anyone else!
- Historically, many retain most if not all resale value because you have added value for the prospective Ride1UP buyer.
This added value helps you and the new Ride1UP owner because:
- Neither party needs to wait for shipping to process refunds or receive the bike.
- The bike is already assembled for them (a high value component for many)
- They get to test ride a Ride1UP eBike before they buy!
- The warranty is transferrable (with proper documentation of sale completed in a timely manner)
- Avoids any possibility of new damage to the bike during return shipping (If the bike was shipped back and suffered new damage, this lengthens the assessment process and those damages would be deducted from your refund)
With shipping costs, packing material, time taken to disassemble and risk of transit damage, it can become more costly and labor intensive to ship the bike to us in lieu of a local sale. For tips and suggestions on selling your bike, please read Sell your eBike locally - Advice and Recommendations