On our LMT'D model we use a more premier level suspension fork. While this fork still uses the oil bath in the right leg, the left leg uses an air chamber to support the rider as opposed to a coil spring. The air chamber allows the rider to personalize their suspension settings by customizing the air pressure. This step is essential to get the best performance out of the bike. Below are the steps on how to do this.
- Obtain shock specific pump. A bicycle tire pump or air compressor will not work. The following link is for a suitable shock pump however any bicycle shock pump will work. SHOCK PUMP LINK
- Remove left top cap, ensure not to lose this cap, screw pump on. Replacement caps can be found HERE.
- Read value on shock pump. The pump will take some air from the fork to make the reading. Meaning the shock pressure will drop 5-10psi everytime you hook up the pump.
- Inflate pump to desired level. For pressure recommendations consult chart below.
- Disconnect pump and reattach cap.