Replacement derailleur hangers
Replacement hangers are available for all our current bike models.
- For all Ride1Up bike models, please visit: Ride1Up - REPLACEMENT DERAILLEUR HANGERS
- Please be sure to choose the correct model bike from the dropdown list.
- Some of our derailleur hangers are also available from third parties.
How to Remove and Replace a Derailleur Hanger
Repairing a derailleur hanger
While replacement hangers are available, they are commonly repaired at home or in a bike shop. The hangers are made out of a soft metal that allows them to bend under impact to protect the derailleur.
They can be bent back with a minor loss of strength and can work for decades after being realigned. The following video goes over this process and how to realign your hanger. Any local bike shop would also be familiar with this process.
Hanger Repair Video
Adjusting the derailleur
Once your Derailleur has been straightened or replaced, you will need to adjust the derailleur to attain proper smooth shifting. See these additional YouTube videos on this process.
- How to Adjust a Rear Derailleur – Limit Screws & Indexing
- A SIMPLE FIX TO MAKE YOUR BIKE QUIETER (clutch derailleur service and adjustment) | Syd Fixes Bikes
- How a Rear Derailleur Works