For all Ride1up models equipped with lights with the exception of the Revv1, turn on your bike and then hold the (+) button for 3 seconds to turn your lights on/off.
(display models will vary per bike. Please refer to your Owner's Manual for specific information regarding your display)
- Turn on the bike and display using the power button on the battery and then the power button on the left side display remote, the outside halo of the headlight will now be illuminated as a running light.
- To turn on the headlight press the power button on the left side of the display again.
- To turn on the high beam use the switch on the right side remote.
If 1 or both of the lights are not turning on, there a few common reasons for this:
- 40% - wiring is not connected properly
- Connection at light may be reversed (only if it has quick disconnects)
- Connection or wiring at internal controller may be loose or damaged
- Wiring may be cut or damaged.
- 40% - internal controller needs replacement.
- 20% - light needs replacement.
To determine the root cause of the issue, follow these steps:
- If both the headlight and taillight are not working. Please contact Ride1up's support team as this is commonly resolved by replacing the internal controller if there is no damage to the wiring.
- For quick disconnect at lights (varies by generation, some headlights are wired permanently), the negative and positive wire may need to be swapped.
- If you have 2 ebikes, test the headlight/taillight by swapping the lights between the 2 ebikes. In some cases, the internal controller can be swapped to help isolate which component is causing the issue.
- Visually inspect the connection at the light, external wire, and wire routing for damages or tension. Share pictures of these with Support team.
- If no signs of damage, check the connection at the internal controller. Disconnect, inspect both sides and reconnect. If the ebike only has 1 light, test by swapping the connection to the identical connector at the controller.
If a new internal controller was recently installed, there is a chance the lights are connected to the wrong wire of the internal controller.
In a rare case, if that does not resolve it, please contact us with pictures noted above. Provide specific details of steps performed any other related information. Our support teams will assist you in ensuring the proper steps were taken accurately and provide any additional diagnosis and troubleshooting steps as need to work towards a resolution.